Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Perfect gifts

My sister has a knack for buying my girls the most appropriate gifts. Angel's very first Christmas gift given to her by aunt T was a book with animal pictures and different textures for their fur/ hide/ skin. Since then, she's picked up other multi-sensory books ("Hugs" is a big favorite), developmental toys and loads of other stuff.


The other gift that the girls absolutely love is a play tent given to them by uncle Godwin. Angel loves to play peek-a-boo and crawl in and out of the tent's many doors and windows. This is one of their favorite play things and it really makes me happy to see them spend some of their best moments in there.

My friend Gauri had got Princess an interesting developmental toy that helps to improve hand-eye co-ordination and I find it very useful for Angel. It's a box with a couple of colored balls and a wooden hammer that you use to knock the balls through the holes in the box. Angel's getting pretty good at hitting the balls and I'm sure it's doing her a lot of good.

Another interesting gift was given by Santa at our local christmas party. It's a ball with the outline of different shapes cut into its surface and it came with a whole bunch of corresponding shapes. Angel loves pushing the shapes through the various holes and clapping for herself when she manages to do it. It's a very basic toy but I'd rate it higher than some of the other toys made by the big brands.

One of the best gifts that Angel has got is from my sister and it is the entire set of Brainy Baby DVDs. The girls love it. Not a day goes by without them watching at least one of these DVDs. They are excellent, full of colorful visuals, catchy music and fun learning. Ok, I confess I'm hooked onto them too.

Here's a peek into one of the videos available on YouTube:



Of course, the very best gift my little girls receive is the gift of love :) What's the best gift that your child has received? Please do mail me at littlemommysunshine@gmail.com with your stories. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment